Sleep apnea is a medical condition that causes a person to stop breathing abruptly during their sleep. The machine was invented to help these people have better sleep throughout the night. Sleep apnea machines are basically devices that help people with obstructive sleep apnea to breathe normally during their sleep.
This is the most commonly used method of restoring sleep to sleep apnea. It is actually the most efficient method of treating sleep apnea. These devices are usually placed on the bedside table and supply the patient with air pressure through a mask over their nose and mouth. Benchmark Sleep Services have over twenty years of experience in treating sleep disorders through the use of effective methods such as the sleep apnea machines. For more information, please visit the website.
Here are the benefits of the sleep apnea devices:
1. Less Fatigue – These machines help the patients feel less fatigued. This is because they are able to sleep better during the night unlike when they had not started using the devices.
2. Restores Undisturbed Sleep – These machines help in restoring undisturbed sleep to patients by the prevention of short pauses of breathing that they experience during their sleep.
3. Much More Energy – Patients also find that they have more energy because they are able to rest enough. Resting more gives them more energy.
4. Less Daytime Sleepiness – Patients using these machines also sleep less during the day because they were able to sleep enough during the night. The sudden waking up occurrences become less and eventually fades away once they get accustomed to the machines.
5. Improved Memory – These machines also help the patient improve their memory because they get enough rest and enough sleep. Their brains get to relax.
6. Reduction Of High Blood Pressure – The high blood pressure that the patients experience before they begin using the machine is also reduced drastically. This is because the body is more relaxed and less fatigued. The sudden short pauses of breath which cause the blood pressure to shoot up are also reduced drastically.
Sleep apnea machines help patients a lot but they also have drawbacks. Some of the disadvantages of using these machines include:
1. Inconvenience – Inconvenience is one disadvantage. The patient has to take enough time to learn more about it. They have to learn how to connect the parts, how to clean it and how to use it.
2. Not Comfortable – Another disadvantage of these machines is that they are not really comfortable to use. At first, sleeping with the machine in use is a difficult task especially because patients have to sleep on their backs. It takes some time to get accustomed to this trend. Many patients tend to give up but only when they have a safe and more efficient alternative.
3. Infections – Some patients complain of throat and nose infections which usually occur in form of nasal congestion and dry throat. These are commonly caused by using the wrong mask which also causes some difficulty in exhalation. Patients are always advised to check out the mask well before purchasing them or having their doctor advice on the best mask to use according to the severity of their condition.
Sleep apnea machines help obstructive sleep apnea a lot in dealing with the condition. They have both advantages and disadvantages. However, the advantages clearly outweigh the disadvantages. Apart from that, the advantages can be dealt with easily and some of them fade away with time. Sleep apnea devices are a very safe and efficient method to use to treat sleep apnea.